Strategic investments – extension of the value chain
EVN’s strategic investments represent the logical vertical extension of the value chain. The investments in Verbund AG and Burgenland Holding AG, which, in turn, holds 49.0% of Energie Burgenland AG, allow EVN to benefit from the companies’ concentration on renewable electricity generation from water and wind. Rohöl-Aufsuchungs Aktiengesellschaft gives EVN a valuable link to oil and natural gas exploration and the natural gas storage business in Austria.
Strategic investments of EVN AG (as of 30 September 2016)
- RAG-Beteiligungs-Aktiengesellschaft (50.03%)
This company holds 100% of the shares in Rohöl-Aufsuchungs Aktiengesellschaft, an oil and natural gas exploration and natural gas storage company.
- Burgenland Holding AG (73.63%)
This company holds a 49.0% stake in Energie Burgenland AG, a regional electricity and natural gas supply company.
- Verbund AG (12.63%)
11.55% of this investment are held directly by EVN AG; the remainder is held indirectly through WEEV Beteiligungs GmbH, a joint venture founded with Wiener Stadtwerke Holding AG in 2010.
|EVN power generation capacities|
|thereof other renewables2)||26||1.1||26||1.1||26||1.1|
|thereof natural gas||1,037||43.4||1,037||43.8||1,037||44.4|
|thereof hard coal||734||30.7||734||30.9||734||31.4|
|1) Includes purchasing rights from the Danube hydropower plants in Melk, Greifenstein and Freudenau and from investments
in the hydropower plants Nussdorf in Vienna and Ashta in Albania as well as in Verbund-Innkraftwerke GmbH|
2) Includes two sludge-fired combined heat and power plants in Moscow
3) Includes co-generation and combined heat and power plants in Austria and Bulgaria; capacity data (net output) according to participation interests
- GRI indicators: Name of organisation (G4-3); Overview of products (G4-4); Location of the organisation’s headquarters (G4-5); Locations of significant operations (G4-6); Markets (G4-8); Scale of the organisation (G4-9); Installed capacity (EU1); Number of customer accounts (EU3); Total length of transmission and distribution lines (EU4)