Mission statement and values
Our long-term strategy is expressed in our vision and mission and also communicated in the corporate policy statement and values of EVN.
As an energy and environmental services provider, EVN meets the daily needs of its customers and makes a sustainable contribution to their quality of life by providing reliable, high-quality services. We want to provide our customers with the supply security they are accustomed to, not only at the present time but also in the future. In doing so, top priority is given to actions that protect the environment and climate – because that is the only way to ensure sustainable economic success in the long run.
In realising our vision, we respect the needs of all our stakeholders.
For our customers, we offer competitive prices and highest-quality products and services. For our shareholders, we aim to achieve a sustainable increase in value. For our employees, we create attractive working conditions. With our stakeholders, we maintain an active dialogue. This contributes to our high social acceptance, as does the focus on fairness in our supplier relationships.
Environmental and climate protection play a central role in all our activities. We rely on outstanding know-how, a high level of efficiency, state-of-the-art infrastructure and a constant willingness to innovate to ensure the responsible use of natural resources and the continuous reduction of CO2 emissions. This forms the basis for sustainable performance in the provision of electricity, natural gas, heating, drinking water, wastewater treatment and waste incineration services.
Based in Lower Austria, EVN has expanded its business activities to the dynamically growing region of Central and South Eastern Europe. Our objective is to also realise sustainable success in these new markets based on the application of our proven principles and values.
In order to fulfil our mission, we have developed a system of values that is binding for the entire Group. The individual components of this system are described below.
EVN’s values and managerial mission statement are based on the terms “ensure, encourage, enable“. With these terms, EVN clearly defines – both internally and externally – how it intends to act and how it wants to be perceived by its stakeholders. The publication of the values in German, English, Bulgarian and Macedonian underscores their binding nature across countries and throughout the Group, while also emphasising the focus on EVN’s core markets.
We ensure quality and corporate success
- We are committed to continuity and safety. Our employees are willing to perform, competent, reliable and quality conscious.
- Each employee ensures that we are able to implement our strategy and provide energy and environmental services to our customers in the best possible way.
- This position of the EVN Group ensures healthy growth.
We encourage people.
- The way we think and act encourages people.
- Both good atmosphere and a positive working climate are as important to our corporate success as our employees’ development.
- We are the right company for people who love to learn and who – if necessary – also offer constructive criticism.
We enable the future.
- We do not only talk, we also enable things.
- We always choose the correct and solution-oriented way.
- Whatever we do, we always keep the environment from which we generate energy in mind.
- We are committed to sustainability in all fields.
- The managerial mission statement is available online at www.evn.at/EVN-Group/responsibility/employees/hrprinciples.aspx.
EVN Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct includes corporate principles and behavioural guidelines for all employees of the EVN Group, above and beyond legal requirements. It represents a binding foundation for day-today business activities and is based on reliability, transparency, trust and quality in interactions with internal and external partners. The Code of Conduct also promotes responsible, self-reliant actions.
- The Code of Conduct is available at www.evn.at/code-of-conduct.aspx.
Integrity clause for suppliers
EVN uses an integrity clause for suppliers, which includes guidelines for sustainable procurement and defines suppliers‘ duties and responsibilities.
- The integrity clause is available at www.evn.at/integrity-clause.
Environmental policy statement
EVN’s environmental policy statement includes the following goals:
- Minimisation of environmental impact
- Improved environmental performance
- State-of-the-art environmental engineering
- Resource conservation and climate protection
- Landscape conservation
- Waste management
- Energy consulting
- Workforce motivation
- The environmental policy statement is available (in German only) online at www.evn.at/EVN-Group/Verantwortung/Okologie.aspx